Hi Laura

Tue May 29 12:11:50 2001

Hi Laura --

Welcome to the site. :) I hope you are having a great day!

<< Because I have yet to have pain from the adhesions that keep forming, can anyone explain to me what the pain feels like? >>

It is different from one person to another, and as someone else already said, sometimes people have adhesions and they do not hurt. Most of us here have varying degrees of pain from adhesions, though.

My pain was like a pulling, stabbing, excruciating, constant pain on the lower right side. Sometimes it burned. I got really bloated and nauseous, have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and sometimes throw up. All adhesion-related.

Intimacy with hubby would incapacitate me for days from pain and vomiting, so I adopted Kuzco's strategy (from The Emperor's New Groove)..."Noooo touchy....NO touchy!!! " <G> I love that movie! Poor hubby!!

Sometimes I would get blindsided with a pain attack like Chrissie and literally have to stop and grab onto the nearest wall/human/furniture to keep from falling over. A few times I just.....fell over. Constipation would send me right over the edge, worse than giving birth, that pain was. Colace and prune juice were on the daily menu around here. I gave up bananas and other foods that can plug things up.

I had a laparoscopy in April of this year in which they took out adhesions and put my internal parts back where they belonged. I still have pain but it is a burning, very bearable, low throbbing pain now. If it doesn't get any worse, I will remain one happy human. I am afraid for what could happen because adhesions can come back, but try to think about things from a one-day-at-a-time perspective.

I read your story...I'm on the quilt too. It is amazing, so sad, you were so young when your problems started. How lucky you could have a baby. Maybe you won't ever have any trouble from adhesions...the aching you have could be adhesions or your ovary or just tiredness -- which hip do you carry your baby on? Babies are wonderful! But they can be heavy to carry around! I sure hope you don't have any adhesion-problems. At any rate good luck with everything and have a super, pain-free day!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: