Re: Rose & Janet-pain pills

Wed May 30 10:38:34 2001

Rose & Janet, Sorry ladies....I really appreciate your concern but I think you mis-understood me (at least you care, none of my friends or family does...well maybe 2).

I'm "not at all afraid" to take pain pills because of addiction or these crazy doctors.

Believe me, I just wish my body permitted me to take them on a regular basis, then maybe I could move a little instead of sitting still all the time.

I have a real problem with meds because of the side affects I get because of my totally messed up body. I either get sick & throw up from them or the constipation gets even worse.

I have such an extreme constipation problem for most of my adult life which has progressively gotten worse as the "decades" have gone by. On a normal basis I now need 15 Herb-lax to move my bowels (without meds). If I miss a night I am in really bad pain and feel like I am ready to burst. If I wouldn't take them I would never go at all! I know I am dependant on them and will never be able to go on my own again.....but I will not wear a bag as long as I have a say on it either (not that this was brought up at all). I just try to stay away from bowel doctors as much as possible.....been there, done that!!

If I take a pain pill I must increase my laxatives even more.....gosh I can't handle a whole bottle, let alone be able to afford it. I am starting to feel gaggy just thinking about taking them at night now since it is soo many, and I am usually already bloated from supper and then have to fit them in on top of it.

In addition to the constipation I also have an Ulcer and Hiatus Hernia....the doctors never even know what to give me anymore because anything that goes through my digestive system totally messes me up. About the only help with pain that ever worked without messing me up was when I was on the shots or morphine pump in the hospital. That's why I even have an estrogen patch instead of the pills, so it bi-passes my stomach.

Now I don't know "IF" I would have problems getting pain pills from the doctors or not because I am lucky enough to have some left over from when I had my hip replacement, due to not taking them very often and those doctors had given pretty many refills.

In spite of the constipation problem there are times I just have to take pain pills and increase the laxatives, but I usually only do this when I can't even sit or concentrate at all anymore, since I am trying desperately to hold onto my job and must be able to sit and think.

I am trying a chiropractor tomorrow, anything's worth a try at this point since I would like to be able to walk again in this lifetime! Problem is he won't be able to touch my hip due to the hip replacement. If by any chance it has anything to do with the back, or even partly, maybe that will give some relief.

I have also resorted to the Ex-lax for awhile to see if that works better than the Herblax until I get a bit more comfortable. I was hoping after my last surgery I could at least decrease the laxatives but instead had to increase them even more, go figure....what a rat race!!! I did feel better for 2 days by taking the Exlax so maybe my body is tired of the Herblax now too.

If I could just get this hip or back thing straightened out maybe I could feel like a person again.....right now I'm not much of anything, and haven't been for the past 1-1/2 years now! Just sit at my computer and don't move, bend, twist, stand or walk....that's my life! Boy am I lucky I have a man who doesn't care if he has me all to himself.....I can't run away from him (LOL)!!

Thanks for your concern! JEAN

Thought for the day: "SMILE" - It confuses people!

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Rose Lunn" <rose.lunn@eds.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 8:28 AM Subject: Jean

Give in to a pain pill??? Why is it we all feel guilty when we 'have to resort' to taking pain meds? What have our doctors DONE to us????

I'm sorry, but I have felt this way and still have to fight against feeling this way and some days it just makes me want to spit nails! Anybody got a deck they need nailed down?

Jean......don't feel like you are giving in.......feel like you are living! Do what is necessary to have even a semblance of 'normal' living. Who the heck defines normal anyway?????

definitely not normal, kcmo rose

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: