Re: Rose- hormones

Wed May 30 12:24:59 2001

Rose, My problem with the Calcium is the constipation....even the Tums made my constipation worse.

With the age thing I think you are safe.....none of us are 80 yet, just feel that way with our bodies.... but not our minds....except Chrissie anyway (LOL)!!!

Yup, you sound like me....heating pad, wrist braces, creams etc. etc., just can't handle pills!! I also can't take the aspirin and Ibuprophen because of my ulcer and that's probably why my hip gave out sooner because they couldn't give me anti-inflammatory which by rights I should have been on for many years.

Now with this calcified iliac artery he said he would put me on something or at least have me take aspirin but once again can't do that, so he doesn't know what else to do for me except kept watch on it and hope I don't get to the point of amputation!! Drives me crazy....fix one thing and break another!!

You know... even my dad said "well, mom never took hormones and look at how healthy she is"!! Sooo.....she was one of the lucky ones, does that make it right? She also went through it naturally not due to ovary removal, which is much much worse, and at a young age! They don't really care about me though either.....and these are people who I lived with and they saw what I went through when I was crippled giving advise!

Glad to hear you are on hormones! Personally I would also rip someone's head off if I weren't on hormones (LOL)!!!

JEAN

Thought for the day: "SMILE" - It confuses people!

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Rose Lunn" <rose.lunn@eds.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 12:30 PM Subject: Jean- hormones

Jean,

That's why my gyn was upset with me! Calcium kind of upsets my system too...it doesn't use it correctly and I have bone spurs everywhere! My spine, my neck, my shoulder blades, etc.! I also have degenerative joint disease and degenerative disc disease and also scoliosis, so I know I should be more proactive!

I am on hormones now and I still try to get some dairy in my diet, just can't handle a lot of it! Yogurt, mainly.

Aren't we just a MESS?!?!?! You'd think we were 80 years old! (ooops, I think I just activated the age debate.....down girls, down!)

Unfortunately for me, can't take Asprin or Ibuprofen (hives) or Nsaids (don't do much good if you have to drown them with Maalox or get rashes!). Mostly I just do the Aspercreme, heating pads, support gloves, etc. Do get some funny looks at work re: the support gloves (think the way I painted them has anything to do with it? Nah, can't be) and the heating pad (nice bright green color with flowers, doncha know!). Ah, well......who said you couldn't try to have fun with it!

What kind of things do you do to cope? Always looking for hints!

(((((HUG)))))

kcmo rose

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: