Re: premarin, tofu, apples and chocolate

Thu May 31 21:39:51 2001

Lynda, Wonder what the Estraderm Patch has in it, that's what I have?? I don't have to regulate doses, always the same patch...the BIG one (LOL)!

As far as brittle bones that is one thing, but when you already have a bone disease, scoliosis, degeneration and a hip-replacement that could mean never walking again and I sure don't choose that for my future. If my bone breaks I won't even have anything to hold my replacement in and with a hip-replacement you risk bone loss as it is. I could not deal with not having a leg and walking hunch-back to boot.

I'll go along with the Reeses though!!!!! JEAN

Thought for the day: "SMILE" - It confuses people!

>----- Original Message -----
From: Lgapmon@aol.com To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 4:09 PM Subject: premarin, tofu, apples and chocolate

In a message dated 05/31/2001 12:50:54 PM US Mountain Standard Time, mkmurray@cyberport.com writes:

<< The Physicians Assistant that I go to told me that hormones are very bad for you, that they are made out of horse urine for one and they do strange things to your body >>

Premarin is made of Pregnant Mare Urine. Bleah, I can't even go there.

I already decided if the ovaries had to go, I will grin and bear it til the menopausal episodes are done. Some foods help with hot flashes etc. including tofu.

The people I know who are on hormone replacement therapy are always grouchy and having mood swings/hot flashes because the dose is never quite right. The people I know who decided against hormone replacement therapy, who try to manage things with diet and herbal remedies, are happy campers.

WHY oh WHY did Eve have to eat the $#@! apple in the first place? I hate apples.

Of course it is an individual decision, what to do when the ovaries go. I would take brittle bones and hot flashes over devil pain any day, but that's just me. Today has been a rotten pain day, still better than before my surgery but not what I had hoped for. Oh well, it could always be worse, right? Pass the Reese's...

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: