Re: premarin, tofu, apples and chocolate

Fri Jun 1 09:34:27 2001

Hi Jo --

<< I remember someone here talking about diving naked face first into the snow bank outside their house to cool down! How I can relate to that one! >>

It was 109 degrees F here yesterday...how I would LOVE to dive into a snowbank!!! That's right, your seasons are opposite ours. Watch out or you'll find me on your door-step by mid-July. Summers in the Wild Wild West are eeyecchhh.

Was "lucky" enough to sample hot flashes after my hyst...a preview of what's to come! My ovaries went into shock from the procedure and didn't work for a couple of months. Hot flashes are NOT fun, you are too right. I would wake in the night thinking I was under Niagara Falls when it was only the sweat pouring off of me. Sorry to be gross, but that's what it felt like.

And you are right again that hot flashes cause sleeplessness just as the pain does. Neither are good. Can't we trade it all in for something else? I find myself bargaining with the Man Upstairs...I know He doesn't do that but when my gums give me trouble (I have great teeth but receding gums), I think, oh, how about we let all my teeth fall out, that would be better than devil pain, right? That would be OK with me, how about You?!...Hmph.

<<Whether we are experiencing pain or the effects of menopause the challenge is to stay positive, not let it rule our lives, learn to adjust to the demands of the condition etc etc>>

Words of wisdom! Thank you!!

<<My pain today is a little better too, and I know that getting better and bringing my pain level down to an acceptable level is going to take time.......so my friend my arms are wrapped around you....feel them? sending you huge hugs, hoping for you and me pain free days soon :-)>>

Yes, I feel them...and offer them back at you. :) I'm so glad you're feeling a teeny bit better...may today be better than yesterday, and tomorrow even better still! Stay cool and feel good!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: