Re: Helen D. & others- IAS newsletter

Sat Jun 2 01:00:41 2001

Dear Jean, Thanks for explaining. Now that you have explained this sentence: "right click on the link // choose save target as // save it to your desktop for later viewing" - I understand what to do.

We are certainly lucky to have our own Computer Interpreter helping us!! I sincerely mean that!! Thanks, Jean!!

At Sat, 2 Jun 2001, Jean Long wrote:

Helen D., This is in reply to your remark in your email about the newsletter: I DON"T KNOW WHAT THIS SENTENCE MEANS, SO SKIP IT: right click on the link // choose save target as // save it to your desktop for later viewing.<

>That means what I said in my last email....only difference is they are telling you to save it to your desktop and I save mine to my C-drive.
>Here is an interpretation of what they are saying:
>
>1. "Right click on link" (Issue #1)
>2. Choose "Save target as" (from list that appears)
>3. "Save to desktop" for later viewing:
> a. When the "Save As" window appears.
> b. Click on black arrow next to white "Save in" box at top
> of the window.
> c. Select "Desktop" at the very top of the list that pops up.
> d. Click "Save" (grey button).
>
>When you look at your desktop an Icon for the IAS newsletter will be there to click on whenever you want to see it.
>
>Your desktop is your monitor screen (some of you refer to as your computer) where all your icons, start button, etc. is.
>
>If anyone needs me to I can email it but if you don't know how to un-zip zip files I have to send it as is which is a large file and takes long to receive via email. (If I can zip it the file would be compacted allot smaller).
>
>It cannot be copied to email or posts as typed words when it is a .pdf file. .pdf is it's own language and would paste as gibberish not typing.
>JEAN
>
>Thought for the day: "SMILE" - It confuses people!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: