Re: Severe constipation

Sun Jun 3 10:39:30 2001

Hi, I was just at the colonrectal surgeon on wed. He said since I have such severe problems with constipation, (not even laxatives will work and I throw up any type of fiber laxitives),that if i need to do enemas go ahead. I questioned him about the concern of becoming addicted to them and he said it was weighing one problem against the other and as long as no laxatives were in the enemas it shouldn't be a problem. He even suggested putting a little vegtable oil or liquid hand soap occasionally. He stated that we have to decide which is worse and because of our situations we couldn't get addicted to enemas. He also told me that at Cleveland Clinic in Ohio they are working with a new gel that a phamacital company out there is studying. He did not tell me the name of the gel but it is worth looking into. For me, It dapends on what the new tests show as to what they are going to do next. I am going to have another upper and lower GI with bariem and some pills that cause additional contrast. Then Dr Weiss stated after that we can decide on surgery. Whether I have it here at cleveland clinic in florida or in ohio depends on the doctors and my insurance. I am also going to a pain control doctor, he wants me to have an mri, before he really decides what to do. Right now he put me on a drug called klonopin. He stated it is used for seizures, but also used to help muscle pain. I'm to take at night before sleep. Nothing has happened so far, so when I go back I will tell him that. As all doctors he's concerned about the problems of consiptation. Hopefully this will help so others out there. Any one who lives in ohio and can check out the cleveland clinic and find out about the gel please let us know.

Thanks Ellen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: