Re: Help! I need answers here.

Sun Jun 3 14:30:03 2001

Hi Karen --

I wish I had answers for you. Heck, I wish I had them for all of us! (Chocolate helps...)

In all seriousness, if you have any doubts about what your doctors should be doing for you, then maybe it's time to find another one. Not that yours aren't good, they may be super. But they HAVE to be good listeners who are not afraid to help you. They should be willing to outline a plan and talk to you about it: what they think they should do, and what might happen as a result -- the good, the bad and the ugly.

The OB/GYN I had gone to for years -- who did my hyst in 99 -- was not a good listener. It took me a while to figure that out. She didn't seem to "get it" how much post-op pain I was in, constantly since the hyst, and how much bowel trouble I was having. (Same as yours in the color dept. etc.)

She finally told me to see a GI doctor named Dr. "X." I asked her if he was good and you know what she said? "GI guys are weird, they would have to be to look at bowels all day. At least we get babies!" That was my last visit to her (snarl hiss hiss).

So I went to my PCP, who I really like, and got a referral to a different OB/GYN. I like the new one sooo much better. She didn't try to pawn me off on another doctor, told me what she thought was going on (adhesions), what she could do and what might happen down the road. I am not cured at this moment, but at least I have a doctor who is not afraid to listen, now. One who seems to care. That helps my attitude a lot. A good attitude goes a long way towards feeling a little better.

Anyway, sorry to be so long...just wanted you to know you are not alone, like it says on this site...I wish there was something I could say to help. I hope you feel better soon and that your problems are temporary. Take care and please let us know what happens -- we care.

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: