Re: Hi Laura - Re: up all night

Wed Jun 6 10:09:47 2001

Hi again Laura --

Hope you are having a good day so far. Today is a little better for me -- got some sleep last night. That makes a huge difference!!!

I only had a lap, but they did have to do some rearranging of things after they cut my adhesions. My right fallopian tube was stuck down where my uterus used to be. The pain has gone from burning and tingling to more of an ache...I suppose that is progress. :)

Funny thing about my belly button is that it looks exactly the same post-op as it did before. I expected to see a slight scar or something, but there is nothing! I can feel the knot underneath it where I imagine the muscle was cut, but cosmetically this surgeon did a bang-up job. How do they do that?! I figure they must sew it up from the inside through the other cut, or something.

The doctor who did my lap is well-liked by the staff at the hospital, who regard her as a very good surgeon...that speaks volumes, I think. The nurses et al were less impressed with the doctor who did my hyst a while back -- interesting!!

I hope you feel much better soon, and that every day the pain grows less for you. Thanks again for posting -- take care!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment." -Marcus Aurelius

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: