Re: Lynda- Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia??????

Sat Jun 9 00:37:11 2001

Lynda, OK.....now what is Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia?????? I just am not up on things here (LOL)!!

By the way it is FULL MOON here! Well... back to my artwork, it keeps "me" out of trouble.

See, I told people they should stay on the Estrogen.....this is what happens to women when they take the pee out of Estrogen (LOL)!! I like my pee!!!!

JEAN

Quote of the week: "Learn from the mistakes of others........ You can't live long enough to make them all yourself"

>----- Original Message -----
From: Lgapmon@aol.com To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2001 1:11 AM Subject: Curses! and swear words! Blankety blank blank blank.

OK....before I get going good here, I'm behind on e-mails...will respond as soon as I can to those that need a-respondin' to. :)

This issue, I thought I should respond to now. And I think this falls under the topic of "support and education." Therefore, it is appropriate for me to post it here, publicly. If you feel otherwise, take two Tootsie Rolls, delete this post and e-mail me in the morning. <G>

The main thing that has brought us here is PAIN. Loads of it, unrelenting for the most part, pain. Life-changing and mood-altering. Emphasis on that last term. <G>

I don't know what was said to you Millie, and frankly I don't want to know. It is not fun when someone yells or swears at you. But it happened, and now it's over.

If you feel like you need to talk to the head honchos about it, you have every right to do so. Really, you should do so. But bring it up here? Why? If you are venting, then OK, we are ready to listen, offer support and hugs. I'm not in the mood to hear details of a situation that appeared hurtful and ugly, though, sorry. :(

I believe everyone here honestly cares about you, and about everyone with adhesions. It's our own unique fraternity, the Sticky Friends as they call it in the UK...complete with our very own, endless Hell Week.

Sometimes people are in pain and they fly off the handle. They say and/or take things the wrong way. Certainly, swear words are strong predictors of a vile mood. Haven't you ever gotten angry when you were having a bad day and screamed at the first person that walked up to you? I'm not proud of it, but I have.

In dog training, we call this redirected aggression. The aggressor has a load of rage that needs to get dumped, so it gets foisted off onto the first available party.

When we hurt, it is easy to be more sensitive and things can depress us quite easily. That's when it's time to pick something that makes you happy and do it. After a good cry, some venting and maybe a scoop of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia. <G>

We are here for you...let's move on though, shall we? I sincerely hope you are having a decent evening and that you won't let this bother you any more. Tell the big guns about it and have a good night's sleep.

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment." -Marcus Aurelius

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: