Re: our wider audience...food for thought

Sun Jun 10 14:33:20 2001

Hi all:

Just got back from a wonderful vacation in Memphis, TN. Dr. Redan would be happy to learn that I spent the entire week walking all around the city, and I do mean lots of walking! It felt great to be able to have a very busy day and not worry about pain. Thank you again to all who made this possible. The IAS, Dr. Wiseman, all of the people who post here, and especially Drs. Reich, Redan, and Dr. Gerhardt who started the surgery center in Scranton. You saved my life.

Okay, enough about me and my vacation!

Mary, I think you made a very good point. When I first found the adhesion site in July of last year, I was thrilled to see that people knew what I was experiencing. More importantly, I hung on every word I read. When you are going through this type of thing, information is so important to you. It gives you back some of the empowerment that so many people lose dealing with the ignorant healthcare providers who don't believe adhesions cause pain, cause other health problems, and can ultimately ruin someone's life. Please keep posting. I already have passed the information along to people in need in my area. Including healthcare providers who have relatives going through the same thing.

Love to all,

--
Kathy L.

At Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Mary Wade wrote: > >Those of us who post here are only a small fraction of the number of >people who come here to read and learn. I forget just what the numbers >are, but I remember thinking "Gosh, I really need to watch what I say" >when Dr. Wiseman once mentioned to me the number of hits that this site >receives on a monthly basis. Those big numbers made it very clear to me >that those of us who post are only a very small portion of those who use >this site. > >I used to think of the message board as being like talking to the gals >around the table at the coffee shop. When I learned of how big the >audience really is, I realized that it is more like we are each the >freatured speakers to a group in a very large auditorium. Would it >work, before we push that "send message" button, to always picture >ourselves standing on the podium as we took our opportunity to address >the world community (and in contrast, each suffering ARD person) on a >very serious topic? > >Just thinking....Kansas Mary > >-- >Mary Wade >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: