Re: Lynda - Positive Thinking & a Pollyanna Suit

Mon Jun 11 11:21:40 2001

Hi Jo --

No, you hadn't told me motivation was part of your business. Sounds like fun!! I like to read things by the people you mentioned, plus Barbara Sher...she has a web site somewhere, I'll have to find the URL. I like her attitude -- one of the questions she poses is, how do you eat an elephant? (Answer: one bite at a time!) <G>

Mary Kay has done a lot of good in the world. I grew up in and around Dallas, where she lives. People there know she is more than a make-up guru. Giving back to the community has always been a hallmark of her business.

The "Look Good...Feel Better" program sounds wonderful. I don't know of anything like that here. A group I'm with locally visits hospitals and nursing homes with therapy dogs. The therapy dogs almost always get positive reactions from people. It's ultra-rewarding work!

Your thought-for-the day and/or gratitude journal are great ideas! We can always use more positive thoughts and energy. :)

Were you able to buy a copy of Pollyanna? I wonder if it still is in print. I read it as a child and no longer own it. Think I will try to obtain a copy again.

I'm exhausted after spending the weekend at dog shows in Flagstaff, AZ...drove up and back Sat. and Sun. I was determined to go and help a friend show his dog. It's been ages since I've shown any dogs, and while I am so sore I can barely move today, it was wonderful to be out!! Saw lots of people I hadn't seen in a long time, lots of gorgeous dogs, and got completely and totally sunburned along my arms from the shoulders down. Forgot the sun-block, bad Lynda. <G> Flagstaff is at 7,000 ft. elevation and the sun burns super-strong, especially when one has shark-belly white skin to start with, as I do. Who cares, I had fun. And the dog I handled won the points on Sunday too! Doesn't get much more fun than that. Today, laying around like a slug is on my agenda. <VBG>

<<Love our chats Lynda>>

Likewise!! Thanks for all the ideas and info...let's make some good stuff out of them. :D

Hope you all had a marvelous weekend and that you are feeling good today!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: