Re: embarrasing problem

Wed Jun 13 09:48:14 2001

Dear Helen:

Thank you very much for this interesting and helpful thought. I was not aware that this procedure was done. The operation being painful doesn't appeal to me as I am always in pain as it is , and adding more to it isn't something I need, but if my "condition" gets any worse, I will absolutely see about it. I wonder if my adhesions have banded around my bladder and are squeezing it so that I have less capacity and more pressure when there is urine in there.

Did or do you have adhesions on or near your bladder as well, and if so, was there any corrective action done during the surgery? (removal of the adhesions)

I am so loaded with adhesive bands and a 4 pound mass of "gunk" that I need to check out all avenues before I commit to something that is both painful and dangerous.

Thanks again for your reply!

Have a great day

ginny

At Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Helen Gibson wrote: >
>Dear Ginny,
>
>Hi, I have suffered from "unstable bladder" for a couple of years now, and can really sympathise with your little problem.
>I had some urodynamic tests done and they measue what your bladder will hold and if it's going into spasm all the time.
>My bladder was only holding about 60mls before it would spasm and let go, and I was continually going to the loo every 1/2 hour, this caused my bladder to also shrink and so I have a very small bladder that doesn't hold alot either.
>Anyway I went to a urologist and after much consideration I decided on having an endoscopic transaction done on my bladder. This has helped enormously with my little problem, and even though I still experience some spasming I can finally sleep through the night without having to pee.
>I must say that the operation was extremely painful and it is a big risk to take, but my options other than having the operation weren't particularly appealing... kidney damage is a big factor to consider when dealing with bladder problems and incontinence is something I can definitely do without as I'm only 36.
>The operation hasn't rid me of all my bladder problems and these problems were originally caused through adhesions, and I will need to have the operation done again in a couple of years, but the benefits that I am experiencing now far out weigh the problems that I was experiencing before.
>I hope that I've been of some help...
>Love
>Helen G

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: