Re: Just got back from my doctor and she suggested a hysteroctomy anyone have...

Thu Jun 14 14:03:12 2001

Hi Julie --

<< Hello everyone its Julie again. I just got back from the doctor and she suggested that I have a hysterectomy on the 26th of this month. My doctor says I have adenomyosis and that is the cause of my pain. Now can a vaginal hysterectomy cause adhesions? >>

Yes. That is how I got my adhesions. Had a vaginal hysterectomy etc. for prolapse. Within three months things inside started gumming up - adhesions.

I don't know what your doctor plans to wrap your ovaries with...is she using an adhesion barrier?

I cannot stress enough the importance of having the best surgeon possible perform your surgery. Would you humor me and please ask your doctor how many of her patients have trouble with pain post-hyst? Ask everything you can think to ask before you have any more cutting, please? There are good things on the IAS site you can print off and bring to her.

I am so much worse after my hysterectomy, I would never have had it if I knew then what I know now. Never. Each case is different, at least. I recognize that.

I hope things go better for you all the way around.

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world." - The Buddha

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: