today's quick-and-easy recipe

Tue Jun 19 01:14:06 2001

Well, cooking can be difficult when pain rears its ugly head, but we still need to eat useful foods.

When I am feeling low-energy and I need a little protein boost, this is what I eat!

Yummy Beautiful Easy Eggs

Take one muffin tin -- non-stick is best but regular will do. If you are feeding just yourself -- spray two cups with non-stick cooking spray. Put a small pat of butter or a little dollop of margarine in the bottom of the sprayed cups. Carefully crack a fresh egg into each sprayed/buttered compartment. Put a little water in one of the other cups (helps keep things moist). Bake for 10 - 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Carefully remove from pan by loosening edges of the egg with a knife, then turn pan over. Serve immediately.

Good with a soft roll or toasted bread, and/or a cup of honey-vanilla yogurt. :) You can make this a Southwestern dish by adding a dash of salsa, a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and some tortilla chips.

If you are having people over, you can serve this for brunch -- the eggs cook up into such lovely little muffin shapes, people will think you worked very hard to make them. (Let them <G>). All you have to do is put out some cut up fruit and/or cheeses, some fresh bread and voila! Add a snippet of parsley or cilantro for garnish and wow, people will think you are Martha Stewart's younger, more beautiful and talented sister. <BG>

This is yummy, easy, relatively healthy food. (Yes there is cholesterol in eggs but we need protein too...eggs are one of the most complete forms of protein/nutrition we can eat, and do little or no harm when eaten in small quantities. I.e., not daily!)

Bon appetit!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

"Give me beauty in the inward soul; may the outward and the inward man be at one." - Socrates

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: