Re: Could I have nerve damage??

Wed Jun 20 01:16:53 2001

Al, I had a neuroma after one of my adhesion surgeries. I had pain for a few months which didn't let up. The doctor injected it with Lidocaine and it went away. The lump was palpable lump before he injected it. Off & on it would go away only to return a few days later. You must get the injection at the exact spot or it won't help. I had an appointment for the injection prior to that injection but the neuroma was on good behavior that day so he had to re-schedule it.

It is worth a try! JEAN

Quote of the day: Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. "Walk beside me and be my friend."

>----- Original Message -----
From: "al" <alison184@ozemail.com.au> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 12:23 AM Subject: Could I have nerve damage??

Hello everyone, How's summer up there? I have just got off the phone to my doctor who now feel my post op pain is due to a nerve being damaged. He feels if they put a local anaesthetic in and it still hurts it is probably an adhesion and not nerve damage. Has anyone else had this done. He also told me that adhesions should be left for three to four months before removal, is this correct?

I think Aussie doctors are more apprehensive about dealing with adhesions than Americans.

P.S. I don't think i like the sound of your nurses up there if they all think like Nurse Anonymous and her? views on pain relief in the emergency ward, E.R. obviously makes things look pretty good by comparison!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: