Re: adhesion pain in the ER: a nurse's opinion

Wed Jun 20 19:22:34 2001

Yep....she can write all right...she can be a "ghost" writer and can be reincarnated as Jeanne Dixon.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Millie" <milliem@citlink.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 6:58 PM Subject: Re: adhesion pain in the ER: a nurse's opinion

> I can tell you, RIGHT NOW, that you are not very professional, at all. > Matter of fact, how DID you ever become a nurse? I think you should choose > another profession... possibly writing, since you are "Anonymous." > You are entitled to your own opinion, of course. > I have dealt with > "professionals" like yourself, who have no sympathy for people who have > pain, whether it be from adhesions, or something else. "Anon., how would > you like to be in extreme pain, and BEG for xrays and ANY tests, only to > have a "doctor" or a "nurse" tell you that you are one of 2 things... > either an anorexic, or you're crazy. > I think we know who is crazy, and believe me, it isn't that patient in pain. > I have NEVER refused any tests, or treatment. In your case maybe patients > have refused, with that attitude of yours!!!! O.K., "Anon., " how many > surgeries have YOU had? If you had surgery, was it major surgery? > And furthermore, who do you think YOU are - judging who is not sick enough > to be in your emergency room??? > Are you God, to be judging people's lives? Or are you trying to play Jeane > Dixon?? > How would you like to have all of your organs be 'glued' together to the > point that everytime you moved, the pain would stop you in your tracks? > Maybe some of you so-called 'professional' "Anonymouses " should either go > back to nursing school, med school, or for OUR sakes, please find another > profession!!!!!!!!!!! > Millie >

>> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "anonymous" <anonymous@medispecialty.com> > To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" > <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> > Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 4:05 PM > Subject: adhesion pain in the ER: a nurse's opinion > > > I found this site by accident and have read so many stories of > > "mistreatment" by nurses and doctors in ERs when you come to us in pain. > > I want you to think of it in our terms. > > > > You wander in day and night, most of you walking on your own, in no > > apparent acute distress. > > You register and wait, telling everyone in the busy waiting area that > > you MUST be seen immediately, "because you hurt so badly." > > You take up valuable space in busy trauma and emergency medicine > > departments complaining of terrible pain in your abdomen, and you tell > > us you must get pain meds for the pain. > > > > One a pain assessment scale of 1-10, virtually all of you cite between > > an 8 and a ten. But you aren't perspiring, crying, vomiting, bloated, > > or acting like you are acutely ill. > > > > Many of you refuse to have x-rays, scans and other diagnostic studies > > because you say "all those tests have been done a million times and they > > are always negative" but you demand pain medication!! > > You tell us you have adhesions but adhesions are nothing more than > > layers of scarring that have no nerve endings. How can this cause pain? > > > > I am told "I need 100 mg of Demerol, IM " by someone who refuses to > > allow us to examine them, and when we refuse to give you narcotics you > > become upset. > > > > What do you want from us? If every drug addict walked into my ER and did > > what many of you do, they'd be booted out by Security but for some > > reason, you feel we are treating you unfairly?? > > > > Maybe instead of asking for pain medication, you might benefit from > > talking to a therapist who can help you deal with your "pain"? > > > > If we do an MRI or flat plate and see something suspicious., of course > > you'll be treated aggressively, and receive sympathy and medication. > > Otherwise, please understand, we are not a narcotic dispensing > > department for everyone with indigestion or cramps. > > >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: