Re: Pain

Wed Jun 20 23:34:45 2001

In a message dated 6/21/01 12:12:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Diamondgirl_56@hotmail.com writes:

<< Hello to everyone! I have long suffered from adhesions and did not realize it was such an enormous problem. I know one other woman who does and thought we were rare! LOL!! My question to all of you is Do you think it is possible for adhesions to be squeezing the sciatic nerve and causing severe pain all the way from the hip to the toes. No one not even the Mayo Clinic has been able to find the cause of this pain. So I was thinking the other day and this came to me that maybe adhesions are pressing against the nerve or wrapped around it. May be way off base but just wondering if it is possible. Thank you so much glad I found this site. >>

I can give you my opinion on this one. When my adhesions are as bad as they are these days, both of my legs are constantly numb. I cannot sit for very long and it is difficult to even find a comfortable way to sleep because of this numbness.

I am scheduled for a lap surgery this coming Monday, and I am really scared this time. This will be my fifth surgery for lysis of adhesions. I have a wonderful doctor that listens to me and believes that the only solution right now is to go in and see what he can do.

This group is truly a God send to me. I never knew there were so many people hurting like I do and feeling the frustrations of trying to live a "normal" life living with this chronic pain.

Diane

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: