Re: Upper G.I. Series with small bowel follow-through

Fri Jun 22 13:47:37 2001

Dear Al, It didn't take them long to get the test done, so it must have gone o.k. through the small bowel,o.k. They said it was normal. I took MOM twice yesterday, but it doesn't do the best job for me. I have no urge to go. I was visiting my 88 year-old Dad today, and I apologized for my being el-stinko company for him. The Dr. covering for the surgeon who ordered the test said not to take any more MOM. I just took a mild sedative, because the worry is getting to me. What a nasty feeling.. loose stool/barium there, but won't only but dribble out. AAUUGGHH!! Millie

>----- Original Message -----
From: "al" <alison184@ozemail.com.au> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 11:54 PM Subject: Re: Upper G.I. Series with small bowel follow-through

> Dear Millie,
> I'm new to all this. I remember my surgeon saying the other week, when
> i was in with a blocked bowel, that he couldn't get barium x-ray done as
> if there is a chance of a blockage then the barium will set like
> concrete behind that blockage. Hope your bowels work soon, if not i'd
> be ringing your doctor. It probably isn't blocked completetly, but the
> longer that stuff stays inside the harder it gets.
>
> good luck
> Al
>
> At Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Millie wrote:
> >
> >This morning I had the upper G.I. series with the small bowel
follow-through, which meant that I had to drink the barium sulfate mixture. About 2 bottles. I was having trouble moving my bowels before, but now it's worse than ever. I took 2 Tablespoons of milk of mag around 1 p.m. > >Then I just took 2 more tablespoons . Both times, I mixed it with water.
The barium is so thick that it doesn't want to move. I pass some gas, but have a worse bellyache. > >I cannot tolerate enemas, so what else can I do???
> >I am so scared, and so uncomfortable. Just the problem I didn't need to
go with adhesions. > >Please help!!!!
> >Thanks.
> >Millie
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: