Re: adhesion pain in the ER: a nurse's opinion

Fri Jun 22 15:25:27 2001

Can't believe this was posted on here. This was a very rude and ignorant thing to say. I worked in a hospital in the past and have seen the unsympathetic nurses that work there. Basically they are just there to collect a paycheck. Don't get me wrong, there certainly are compassionate nurses out there and many of them. Once in a while you run across a nurse that doesn't have an ounce of compassion and stereotypes people by their looks, race, number of past visits, etc.

You have no idea what the peoples lives are like when they are not in your ER. They have lives and families just like you. Many people who have adhesions have suffered with these disease for so long that their pain tolerence is through the roof. As far as adhesions just being tissue without nerve endings...how about the organs and tissue that they are attached to and stretch? Do they not have nerve endings that can cause pain?

I hope you never end up in the ER and get treated like I am assuming you treat your patients...or maybe I do, then you will know how it feels.

One of the compassionate nurses.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: