Re: Pain Medication

Mon Jun 25 00:14:28 2001

Lesa,

You've been trying the strongest pain medications--opioids. You didn't say how long you were taking morphine or the patch, but it sometimes takes 7-10 days for one's body to adjust. You could try Demerol (meperidine) or methadone, but maybe your body just doesn't like any of these drugs.

-----Original Message----- From: toddnlesa@aol.com [mailto:toddnlesa@aol.com] Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2001 10:33 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Pain Medication

Hello All! I was just wondering what you are using as far as pain medication goes. I have been taking Vicodin ES three times a day, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. My general MD sent me to a pain management doctor who said he didn't want me on Vicodin for so long and prescribed oral Morphine which made me sick and didn't really help the pain..then he gave me Duragesic patches which made me crazy...I couldn't take it. I've tried neurontin, elavil and some type of arthritis medicine...all didn't do anything. My doctor is kind of at a loss on what to try next. Are any of you taking something other than these medications I've tried? What seems to work for you? Any help/advice you could give would be appreciated. Much love, Lesa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: