Re: Laparoscopic Hernia Repair

Tue Jun 26 11:45:22 2001

David, I never had hernia repair but I have had 18 surgeries (8 abdominal). I can tell you aside from my vaginal hysterectomy I was totally cut open for all my surgeries except this last one which was laproscopically.

The laparascopic one didn't even hold a candle to the others.....I had no recuperation pain and was doing my home-based computer job the next day after that one. The same night of my surgery I was on the computer emailing people.

The only affect I had from the scope was terrible bloating and worse constipation for a month but I am ultra sensitive to these things. I finally took ex-lax 3 times in 2 weeks in-between my normal doses of herb-lax (I am laxative dependant) and then the bloating and constipation went back to my normal. JEAN

Quote of the day: Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. "Walk beside me and be my friend."

>----- Original Message -----
From: "David Rosman" <jettvette@hotmail.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 2:52 AM Subject: Laparoscopic Hernia Repair

Good-day,

I am having a hernia re-repaired in a couple of weeks using the Laparoscopic surgical method. I am wondering if anyone can provide insight and experiences. My first surgery was in January 2001 but I had a lot of pain. Was told the Laparospocic surgery is less painful and recovery is faster. Do you agree? David Rosman Denver, CO

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: