Re: PLEASE...Share types of discomfort and pain that adhesions can cause...

Tue Jun 26 15:40:10 2001

Hi Helen, Sharing my pain ............. I wake up each day with a smile on my face so that the pain won't know that I feel it. Silly huh? Like a mind game for the body. Some days that smile helps. My pain feels as if a hand has crawled up inside of me and keeps on pulling and twisting everything inside of me, tighter and tighter the grip gets. Then I have those wonderful knife pains that shoots up my rectum and vagina (sorry for being so blunt) I'm in a car - driving...the pain gets so bad I can't feel part of my left leg anymore. Now my right leg is doing the same thing. The pain gets so bad, my lower constant back pain, my left lower side pulling, stabbing, twisting pain - I vomit. When I finally feel my leg come back to life, I vomit. The pain doesn't run down my whole leg, it stops almost at the knee cap. If I eat or drink too much, I feel as if my whole insides are on fire and I just want to explode. I can't say yes to future plans, just lets see how I feel that day. When the day comes, I go to that birthday party or social gathering - and for 2-3 days after that, I'm laying around the house in extra pain, but I have a smile on my face because I made it to the party or social gathering. When I can't make the party, my heart hurts. I feel as if I've let down the person or people who were expecting me to come. What helps, are people like yourselves. You know what my feelings are when I say - it hurts - you have the same hurt. When I'm down - you lift me up. If I have a question on a medication or some medical lingo - you educate me. Thank God for all of you..........and may we all see pain free days soon and forever. With hugs and love, ~Chrissie xo's

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: