Yummy Easy Dried Fruit Casserole

Thu Jun 28 19:35:08 2001

OK, here it is!

NOTE: You can add/subtract different amounts of dried fruit, or substitute things depending on your tastes...the measurements indicated are just guidelines

1 cup dried apricots 1 cup dried prunes 1 cup dried apple slices 1 cup dried figs, loosely chopped (they are kind of big whole) 1 small can (8 oz) crushed pineapple with juice (i.e. do not drain!) 1 cup applesauce 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional) 1 bag regular-sized marshmallows (optional)

Mix all ingredients except marshmallows in a large bowl. Spray a casserole dish (those round deep ones work best although oblong is OK too) with non-stick cooking spray. Put fruit mixture in casserole dish and bake in 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes. Take out of oven, put marshmallows on top and return to oven til marshmallows brown -- about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.

Sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar over the top, or a dab of good, old Blackstrap Molasses (great source of iron). Great with sliced bread and cheese (if you can eat it) for dinner! Also great for slow-moving bowels.

NOW I'm hungry! <G>

Bon appetit!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

"It was involuntary; they sank my boat." - John F. Kennedy, when asked how he'd become a hero

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: