Re: Check out Female Pelvic Screening: Providing leading edge non-invasive te...

Tue Jul 3 13:35:04 2001

Dear Millie:

When I first saw it on Dateline the other night, I looked it up from their site, and it said to make an appointment call --------------, in Newport Beach, CA. Well, I lived there for a while, and I'll tell you what, I wouldn't mind going back there if I could afford it - I'd be there in a heartbeat. As it is so new, there aren't many around yet. I think at the website, it lists the states that now have one. My husband said he heard that they had one now in Baltimore, MD, but when I looked there I didn't see it listed. Perhaps it is being bought by hospitals now, and will be available soon in many states, and the list hasn't been updated yet. It did give a telephone number to call, so that would be our best bet right now. Another glitch, of course, they want their money upfront (isn't that the way the whole medical industry is going these days). Seems just the rich can afford to have it done right now. I am going to call my insurance company and see if they will cover it. As I said, it is so new, that they probably don't know themselves if they will cover it or not. If it's available here now (probably would be at Johns Hopkins), I'm going to go for it, I just need to know what is going on inside of my body; why the terrible rib pain, vaginal, rectal and back pain. Well, I have a pretty good idea, but I'd like to know what organs are out of place, how many, how bad, etc. Since we wouldn't just be using this to see if we have possible heart, lung or cancer disease, and we know specifically what we need them to look for, the insurance companies might pay for it. Seems like it would benefit the insurance companies, as it is certainly less expensive than having a $15,000 lap.

I am really excited about this medical breakthrough; this means that we wouldn't have to undergo a lap in order to know what is going on inside our bodies.

With all your bowel problems, this would be wonderful for you. Did you see the part about the bowel scan?

Let's hope and pray that this could be of great use to the ARD patient!!!!!.

Love,

Helen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: