Hi Amy - bacteria

Tue Jul 3 15:07:48 2001

Hi Amy --

<< There was even a small study out there somewhere where they actually had patients ingest PARASITES, and their symptoms improved.. bizarre. I tend to think we've killed off too much of the bacteria we need in our bodies to help us build up resistance. Interesting that IBD is less prevalent in underdeveloped countries. >>

That is bizarre!!!! I agree with you about how we probably have killed off too much of the good bacteria. At any rate, we certainly have thrown our bodies off balance, through hygiene (antibacterial soap e.g.), medication (anti-biotics) and diet. I obtained a recipe for potato latkes (pancakes) a while back in which the directions specifically stated, do NOT wash/peel the potatoes. (We buy organic ones so I thought this was safe...) The author of this recipe was of the belief that we need more dirt in our systems, literally.

Some germs are good, but soap and antibiotics kill them all. *Sigh*

FWIW, acidophilus is a very good thing to take, especially if one has bowel problems...when we eat yogurt, we get some but you can get a healthier dose in the capsules.

Thank you for the information Amy -- that part about the parasites is really intriguing, to me! Interesting stuff. Now, let's hope some of this knowledge will "trickle over" to us folks with ARD. Meanwhile have a very good, pain-free day!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: