Todays Docter Appt.

Tue Jul 3 20:09:25 2001

Hi Everyone! It has officially been 9 months and 2 days since my laproscopy. Today I had a visit with the ob/gyn who performed it. I explained the increase in pain, nauseau and the inablility to find comfort in any position. He examined me and ddeclared "Well do surgery on Monday, dont eat anything all day on Sunday, see you then!" I thought hold on here buddy, Im the patient. Then I proceeded to tell him that Ive decided to see a physican at Yale who apparently has experience with adhesions and the options available. He seemed pleased that I was taking the initative to research about adhesions. He said he would prepare my file so that I could take it with. Of course, he thru in "if you cant come in fast enought just come in thru the ER and have them call me, well take care of it then"

Boy of Boy! Between docters and Nurses (like the idiot who wrote the letter about abdominal pain and those w/ adhesions acting like drug additcts) and docters who see nothing in just cutting you open-what is a patient to do? The one thing Ive learned out of this, is educate yourself, docters will only just jump into it providing you with no information unless you specifically ask for it. Thank you to everyone for all the infor to help me make the right descisions.

Question- I had a vaginal exam today, the pain was so intense I vomited in the office. Do you all have nauseau like this due to the pain? Im sure some of you do, but my its almost frightening to just vomit out of nowhere. Any suggestions for preventing such problems?

In good health, your friend in NYC Lisa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: