Re: CHRISTINE: PA & Scranton

Thu Jul 5 20:12:29 2001

Christine, Yes, I only live about 1-1/2 to 2 hours drive from Scranton. I didn't go there for my surgery though, I went to a surgeon in Reading which is 1/2 hour from my house.... he is a general/bowel surgeon. He was covered by my insurance and well-known in my area for his laproscopic skills and also has a very good bed-side manner. He doesn't "just" do adhesions though. I just had adhesion surgery May 4th.

Scranton (Dr. Redan, Dr. Gerhart & Dr. Reich) are the only surgeons that have devoted their profession to specializing specifically with Adhesions. They are very compassionate, easy to talk to and good surgeons. They don't take any insurances and you need thousands of dollars up-front. They are willing to take on the challenge of adhesions and whatever amount of time the surgery takes, un-like alot of doctors, so they are great for people who can't find a surgeon to do adhesiolysis. It is wonderful that they are trying to help people with the dreaded adhesions (you know... the "A" word- LOL), however no-one can guarantee success with adhesions whether specializing in it or not. It is always still a gamble when it comes to adhesions and not a very good one.

I was going to go to Scranton but the money situation scared me off, but that is me and you may be in a better financial situation. I just couldn't lose everything on a gamble. My husband is working 2 jobs already and taking care of me and the entire house so we could not afford an increase in the financial strain we already have. I am having other major problems besides abdominal ones and my husband has had to miss alot of work because of me. My home-based business has also been greatly affected by my medical problems.

I hope you can find the help you are looking for and go with a good surgeon who understands adhesions wherever you go. You don't want to go to a butcher who messes you up even worse but there are no high success rates anywhere and I have done pretty good in keeping tallies. JEAN

"If we give all, but don't have love, we gain nothing"

Dear Jean: Hi, No,Im not from PA<Im living in Maine (not a good place to be in pain,thats for sure).. I have an old friend(of at least 15 years) that lives in the Delaware,Maryland,PA are, and if and when I need to go down there for my surgery,Im sure I will be able to stay w/ her..I just dont know how far away Scranton<PA is from the area she lives in. I would like to go to Dr.Jay Redan.Have you heard of him? Youre so lucky to be in PA w/ adhesions,no? I heard that PA is where all the leading adhesiolysis doctors are,(right?) Hope youre having a pain free day,and smiling:) Love,Christine

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: