Adhesions

Thu Jul 19 13:49:18 2001

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I just found the site. I have a question for anyone that's willing to answer. Approximatley one week ago I had a laproscopy, the dr. found adhesions, and removed them, or at least that is what I have been told. I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet. My question is. Is is common to have the same kind of, and amount of pain I had prior to my surgery. It is really starting to depress me. I have never had this kind of constant chronic pain. I'm going on 12 weeks now. I only have one child, (18 years old) and It was a normal vaginal delivery. I have had my gallbladder removed, but I think the biggest contributor to the adhesions, is 6 years ago my appendix ruptured and I didn't go in right away because I thought it was just the flu or something. I didn't have the classic systoms, ie: nausea, vomiting, diahrea. So it was at least one day after the rupture and another half a day for them to figure it out, before anything was done. I've ready that infection can cause adhesions. So I'm thinking this is the culprit. Sorry to ramble on. Just wondered if anyone has any advice. Thanks. Liz

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: