MARIANNE

Thu Jul 19 18:31:21 2001

Hi Marianne:

Yes, I've heard of that Other Coast *grin* - I have an aunt and uncle in Richmond, BC, just outside of Vancouver. If you find Route 95 and follow it north all the way up through Maine, at the far northern tip of it you'll find a little grease spot on the map called Woodstock, New Brunswick, in that Cold Country called Canada. I'm just outside of Woodstock, and I take full advantage of the cheaper gas and grocery prices in the US - we go over to Houlton every weekend to gas up, buy groceries, check the mail, and see how much money we can save.

Chester, my Other Half, has a circulation problem in his legs which prevents him from standing for any length of time, and he does not have the education to get a desk job. Because of the leg problem, he had to quit driving truck. He is waiting to go for surgery, but there is no guarantee that the surgery will be successful enough to allow him to return to work.

As I told Helen C., the only thing saving out butts right now is that the house is paid for, so we don't have that to worry about, just utilities and groceries. I sew a lot, so I make most of our clothes from fabric I pick up at Walmart in Houlton - I would much rather pay $1 or 2 a yard US than $6 to $10 Canadian for the same material.

And my late husband thought I could squeeze a nickle hard enough to make the buffalo crap when we split up 4 years ago - Honey, if he could see me now!!! *LOL*

Nancy in NB

ICQ #9683431

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: