Re: Worth the risk to choose 2nd myomectomy?

Thu Jul 26 15:39:30 2001

I am 32 and tried to get pregnant for 10 years, unsuccessfully...recently having a lysis done...and knowing the severity of the complications it did cause to my bowel and my whole way of life...I opt for health. I surround myself with kids to avoid the depressions of not being a mother...and steal my niece and nephews when I can. This is a tough and serious decision to make. How does your mate feel? I was surprised to learn my mate "wanted what I wanted"..."whatever makes you happy". He could be happy just getting up and going whenever we want. The financial burdens. The time away from each other. Genetic issues...we looked at the selfish parts of why we wouldn't want one...then...flip side...the bouncing the babys on your lap, raising, loving, giving, the emotions attached to mother and father hood...it boils down to one thing, even still...health. What risks do I place on myself/am I willing to place on myself to have this? I have made the decision for myself that I can have a fulfilling life without children as well. Again, this is a tough decision...I made the one that was best for me in my situation, the risk is too high for me. Can your doctor provide you with successful percentages to help you in your decision? This would probably allow you to make a better decision for yourself. Dr. Wiseman has a few statistics on his web site for reformation of adhesions, another place to look. All my best. Good luck in whatever you decide. Love, Marianne --- Alice <anonymous@medispecialty.com> wrote: > I'm 39 years old and desire pregnancy. My
> reproductive endocrinologist
> is recommending a 2nd laparotomy (my first was 7
> years ago) to remove my
> 5 5cm fibroids before attempting it. In spite of
> the fact that this
> surgeon is very skilled and will be using adhesion
> barriers, I'm still
> being told to plan on using invitro fertilization
> due to risk of
> adhesions with this upcoming surgery. What is the
> chance (as a
> percentage) of those adhesions causing serious
> long-term pain and/or
> bowel obstruction? I'm mostly pain free now and
> don't want that to
> change! I have to make a decision soon.
>
> Thanks.
>
> http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: