Re: Viruses- what to do!

Sun Jul 29 01:10:41 2001

1. Make sure your virus program is "Enabled". (Open virus program and it will tell you, if it says it isn't Enabled the Enable it)! 2. Make sure you update your Dat Files (virus definitions) regularly!!!! (You are ONLY protected from the viruses your program knows about...if you don't update your DAT Files it won't know about the new ones. Especially right now because there appear to be very many bad new viruses hitting close to home right now that can totally wipe out your computer!! I for one would lose my business if this happened! I have been updating every other day right now just in case new ones come out. Normally I update every week or two. 3. If you have Norton Antivirus open your virus program and Click on "Live Update" to download the DAT Files. Also....you should schedule daily "Full" back-ups to run whenever you know you won't be on the computer (like while you sleep or work). 4. DON'T open attachments! Save them to your hard-drive first then scan them for viruses....if one is detected DELETE IT "without opening it". (If your DAT files are updated, you know the person and no virus was detected then you should be safe in opening it. 5. I automatically delete any attachments form un-known sources BUT they can come with email from someone who doesn't even know they have the virus so be careful.

JEAN

Quote of the week: "Learn from the mistakes of others........ You can't live long enough to make them all yourself"

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Gloria" <gpierson@nemontel.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2001 12:17 AM Subject: Re: Virus Warning from UKAS

I also received a virus from Gloria Wilson. But the subject line read: stories about Butch Document. Anyone have any advise for us novices?

Love Gloria P. :)

KathFindlay wrote:

> Hi Everyone, I just recieved a virus from Gloria Wilson, Subject Family
> History Havoc. Inside it read, Hi How are you, I send this to ask advice.
>
> Please watch out for this one
> Love Kath
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: