Re: viruses from Sally

Tue Jul 31 17:07:39 2001

Sally and others, Sally, It is good you posted the info. for people to know. I do remember getting something about that from my server or Norton and forgot about that new one!

I do empty mine immediately from the recycle bin but my virus programs have always caught them the 2 or 3 times I got them so they never went in the recycle bin. When the virus program catches them it deletes them right then and there which doesn't put them in the recycle bin (if you tell it to when it asks what to do with it). I also have both virus scan programs installed and keep both up to date.

I also forgot to tell people to make the Rescue Disks (and up to date ones)!

"IF" you would get infected with a virus and it completely shuts your computer down making it totally unusable you can boot (start) your computer from these disks. It gives you complete instructions after you insert the disk if that would ever happen.

JEAN

"A Friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you!!!"

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Sally Grigg" <lostcst@mcn.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 5:40 PM Subject: viruses from Sally

Hi, everybody, I just called my server and he told me some scary news. Evidently (and I say this with caution, it may not be true), there is a virus attachment that is completely new and when you send it to delete, even without opening it, it can gain access to your computer unless you are completely up to date on your anti-virus programs. My server recommends having two anti-virus programs. I now have MaAfee and am adding Norton .To avoid the virus you have to dump your delete/trash can immediately after deleting a suspected virus. I really hope this is not true, but the server personnel are supposed to know. So delete any suspected virus attachment (and it could be from a friend without their knowledge) and dump your delete immediately. Sorry to add to the paranoia, but better safe than sorry. Love, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: