Re: Swallowing

Fri Aug 17 12:30:02 2001

Thanks Jay, I will try it while I am on the floor doing my hip exercise! JEAN

"A Friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you!!!"

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Poutinen, Jay" <jpoutine@uwsp.edu> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 11:11 AM Subject: Swallowing

Do this exercise for a minute, several times a day. This was 100% successful on a small group of research subjects. ----------- Who ever thinks about swallowing? It's as natural as breathing. Now a research team led by Reza Shaker, M.D., director of the Medical College of Wisconsin Digestive Disease Center, has found a way to use a simple exercise to improve people's ability to swallow - no surgery, no drugs.

The Shaker exercise requires the patient to lie flat, raise his or her head until the toes become visible, without lifting the shoulders. That strengthens a complex group of throat muscles, allowing food or liquid to pass down the esophagus.

-----Original Message----- From: Jean Long [mailto:creative@enter.net] Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 12:30 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Marianne- my latest Drama

Marianne, Yes, I have problems swallowing off & on. It wouldn't go down no matter how much I swallowed or drank. I don't know what causes it. Sometimes it is from the hernia backing the food up but not always. Maybe inflammation? JEAN

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: