Deborah- Endometriosis after total hyster.(twice)&psuedo cysts&choc. cysts&pain!

Fri Aug 17 18:03:30 2001

Deborah, Even the "hint" of cancer and I would be getting another opinion!!! Every day matters for something like that! It may not be that at all, and hopefully not, but I would not take any chances. I think I would want Laparoscopic surgery while it is still in the cyst stage....apparently his draining isn't working! Make sure the surgeon is very good and specializes in laparoscopy. Can't he just extract enough fluid for a biopsy first, then if it is safe remove them? I had friends who had biopsies done this way before surgery so they knew if they were cancerous or not.

Don't go on "I don't think so's", it is your life and your body! JEAN

"A Friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you!!!"

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Deborah C." <devdal@attcanada.ca> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 12:03 PM Subject: Endometriosis after total hyster.(twice)&psuedo cysts&choc. cysts&pain!

Angry I am, but keeping positive. Coming to the conclusion they(Drs) haven't got a clue. From misdiagnosis to danazol to 16 surguries, 3 major(scars going hip to hip)(last one was June 28,2000) and a fialed 6 month lupron injection prior to the last surgury.. All of this and today, I presently have 5 cysts from 5cm and smaller (solid) from the trans. vag. ultrasound showings and the conversation consisted of..."It may be cancer but I doubt it, It could be more psyeudo cysts but you collected the fluid alot quicker last time(approx. 5 months ago) with the cyst measurement being 35cmx32cm being drained in his office throu the vagina with a needle we won't even describe, but I doubt it, It could be endo, but your hormones are measuring menopausal and you're not on any HRT (prescription and or natural), so...I just don't know. You may make the disease on your own but that is very rare. But...I won't send you away in pain, here's some arthritic medication...celebrex 200mg, 1 capsule a day and we'll wait and see, some tylenol #3's to get you through the really bad days and well do another ultrasound on Aug.22 and we'll take it from there." The chronic pain clinic suggested sympathetic dystrophy but I feel again we are masking the problem not curing it. Help me, what should I do ??? I appreciate your letting me vent, especially today, the pain is almost unbearable. Your site is a God send. God Bless!

--
surviving, sometimes just barely

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: