Re: Diane- If you have had surgery recently, please share your recovery with Diane.

Tue Aug 21 01:35:09 2001

Diane, It took me 3 or 4 weeks after my laproscopic surgery to get relief from the extreme bloating and worsened constipation. I did have to take ALOT of laxatives to clean my system out.

I believe it is from the bowel prep carbonated drink and then the air pumped into your belly for the surgery. I am extremely sensitive to trapped air from these things so I figured I would have problems. I can't normally tolerate carbonated beverages, so that alone was bad enough!

Hope this helps! JEAN

"A Friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you!!!"

>----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Dynda To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 5:13 PM Subject: If you have had surgery recently, please share your recovery with Diane.

I received the following letter from Diane. I would appreciate it if those of you, who have had surgery recently, will share your experience with her. Thank you!!

In her letter Diane says:

"I had my adhesiolysis in Augusta, Ga. three weeks ago. A general surgeon and gyn Dr. did my surgery laparoscopic. I had adhesions in my pelvic area and in my intestines also wrapped around my appendix. All the adhesions were taken out.

"I am still sore and my stomach is a little swollen. How long does it take for the soreness and disconfort to leave my adomen. I am so depressed. Since you have had a lysis I thought maybe you would know.

"I don't have anyone I can talk with. I appreciate anything you can share with me."

Diane

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: