Re: SAD NEWS FROM OTTAWA.

Thu Aug 23 13:51:24 2001

Brenda, No matter "where" you go you have "no guarantees" you will be pain-free as of yet, actually the odds are very low no matter where you go, even ones specializing in adhesions.

I hope you weren't expecting miracles, because there aren't any. It breaks my heart for people to have false dreams. I found it hard to believe Canadians were covered by insurance in the US because us who are in the US aren't covered by insurance to go there. The hospital might be covered depending on insurance, but not the surgeons. You might not owe $20,000 but probably anywhere from $4,000 to $10,000 if you were in the US.

You could also go to Germany for alot less than $20,000 and they are also suppose to be good. I have heard of people paying no more than $7,000 for the entire trip and surgery. That includes air-fair, 2 weeks lodging, surgeon, hospital & food.

Hopefully there will be break-throughs in the future but right now there is extremely low success rates. There are many adhesion barriers and techniques under experimentation but only time will tell. Try to keep your chin up! JEAN

"A Friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you!!!"

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Brenda" <langloisbrenda@hotmail.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 2:04 PM Subject: SAD NEWS FROM OTTAWA.

Well hello evrybody again this is me Brenda. My last posting I sounded a little bit happier because I had been in touch with Dr Gerhart. As he had asked me to call his office and talk to his seceretary about the financing part of the surgery saying that Canadians have been covered for surgery in the States , well it is not and my surgery would cost me at least $20,000.00 well unfortunalty I cannot come up with that kind of money. So my dreams of being pain free have been shattered I am just so upset and feel like I just don't know what to do now. Sorry I am venting to you but I was just so happy to hear that there was a doctor who could finally help me. Well thank you for letting me get some of my frustrations out. Sincerely Brenda

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: