If you have the same symptoms, please share your experience...

Tue Aug 28 15:27:34 2001

If you have some of the same symptoms that Jan is experiencing, please share any information that you found was helpfu to youl. Thank you!!

~ ~ ~ ~

In her letter to me, Jan said:

I have an appointment with our local pain doctor this week. The main purpose of the appointment is to discuss nerve blocks.

This has been going on for nearly 3 years. I have lost count of the doctors; and I really still don't understand what the problem is. The general thing most people say is some kind of nerve pain.

I think it is probably more than one thing because some of the pain seems like a tightness or pinching - or like something moves around that doesn't belong or just like something is stuck. Then there is all of the burning, stinging, needlelike pain, sensitive to pressure of bed covers, clothes, seat belts, sitting etc. I don't have any bowel problems.

It just seems like you go on hurting and get nowhere. Whenever I have asked about more surgery, they say it could cause more nerve damage. Is it damage to the nerve or nerves trapped in scar tissue? No one knows.

I retired at age 50 exactly when all of this started. So, this has been my retirement. Pain and depression from it.

Sometimes I can't imagine what I would do if I didn't have my husband to help around the house. I volunteer at a Senior Center; and I can see myself in Assisted Living if this pain continues. Oh well, who of us know our futures. I sure never expected this; and stuggle with anger at the doctor too. I wished I had known more when she told me I needed surgery; because there are several things that she didn't not do well at all.

Well anyway thanks again and take care as best you can.

Jan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: