pressing question

Sun Sep 2 09:14:07 2001

Hi! A little play on words there, but I have a question ...... I notice a lot of posts about constipation and bowel obstructions. I had my Hysterectomy 2 years ago and just recently have been having rectal pain and my stools (I hate that word - so gross) have changed in appearance over the past month or more and look flat - like they are pressed. I'm just wondering if this is almost always what happens with a blockage caused by adhesions. I would think the shape would have to change due to the adhesions blocking things. Does everyone else have this? How long can you go on in this condition? Do you suppose things could stabilize and not get any worse or do you think it will just get progressively worse until I have to have surgery? My doctor wants me to schedule a Colonoscopy this coming week, and I'm rather scared as I'm afraid they will puncture something as apparently things are already narrow in there. Also, what good would it do as I KNOW it's from adhesions and the only thing they could do would be surgery which would just make things worse. Does anyone know how likely it is to end up with a colostomy bag because of something like this? I have a horror of that! I'd appreciate hearing from any of you who have had this symptom and of the outcomes, etc. Thanks!! Rosie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: