Re: colonoscopies/Rosie from Sally

Sun Sep 2 22:32:46 2001

Thank you for writing! I've had a colonoscopy before too - about 5 years ago - but that was before my Hysterectomy and before I ever heard the word adhesions. I wasn't as worried then as I didn't have the same symptoms then as I do now. I hadn't had any trouble with my bowels till this past month. I've had bladder pain for a year now, which the doctors and I both feel are due to adhesions, but the bowel involvement is fairly new. I have deep rectal pain and the stools are very flat now which is really alarming me. It just makes me wonder how soon I will end up having surgery due to an obstruction since things have changed in such a short period of time. My sister in law who had the bowel obstruction and emergency surgery a year ago, said she never had any symptoms at all though - it just hit in a matter of a couple of days. I guess it doesn't pay to worry - we just have to take it day at a time - easier said than done though. Oh, by the way, I tried to go to the link you sent to see your web page for your bed & breakfast and it never would let me access it for some reason. I was interested in seeing the part of country where you live. Well, thanks again for writing! Rosie

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Sally Grigg" <lostcst@mcn.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2001 6:20 PM Subject: Re: colonoscopies/Rosie from Sally

> Dear Rosie, I have had a colonoscopy, as has my husband and many people on
the > board. Usually you are sedated so heavily that you know nothing, and wake
up > asking, when do you start? Here again, as in all medical procedures, its
the > doctor and medical team who are important. If they are good then you have
no > cause for concern. They will know what they are doing and will not hurt
you. > They can see if it is too small,too flat, too disfigured for their
instrument. > Why don't you ask them?
>
> I have never heard of anybody needing a "bag" because of this test. And
your > situation could remain the same, get better, or get worse. There really is
no > way of knowing. While its true that this test will not show adhesions in
the > adbomen, its good to have to rule out other problems. Everything is not
caused > by adhesions, though at this point it seems like that's the case in my
life > anyway.
>
> Good luck and write back and let us know what is happening. e subject is
gross. > We need to think of bettter words, but they're all pretty gross. With
kindest > regards, Sally
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: