Re: Kel- Bladder Problems

Tue Sep 4 23:34:54 2001

Kelly, Just thought maybe I should give my in-put. I also had my bladder sew back up with my hysterectomy 26 years ago (had fallen down w/ womb).

I had bladder problems before my adhesion surgery this past May. 1. My bladder "always" felt full, even after just going. 2. I would only dribble when I went. 3. The only time I went good was after laying down for several hours (like what-ever was blocking it moved when in this position). 4. When I went and only dribbled and couldn't go anymore I would get up and then it would run down my legs! 5. I had groin pain 6. My bladder was touchy like when full and I had pulling. 7. I would leak urine when I coughed or strained. My bowel was attached to my pelvis by adhesions on the left side and I also had adhesions on the right side.

I don't have those problems anymore.

I also had the same problems in 1989 before my adhesion surgery and the IVP was normal. I also had a nerve test done with a probe in my bladder. It measures the activity of the bladder in 3 different positions, laying down, sitting & standing. Mine was normal laying, abnormal sitting and totally erratic standing. They put me on Ditropan which helped but after adhesion surgery I was ok and didn't need it. My ovary was attached to my bowel and pelvis.

Jean

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of janet7k@aol.com Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 12:16 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Bladder Problems

Good to hear from you Kelly, but sorry to hear about your bladder problems and pain. I think many of us have bladder problems due to complications of adhesions, I have read post from people with incontinence(mine is affected but the oposite way). Have you tried entering "bladder", or "incontinence" to search the archives? I wish I could help more than to say I love you but I hope that helps just a little =)

Hugs, Janet

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: