I have to have surgery!

Thu Sep 6 13:29:53 2001

Hello All, Last week I posted a message about my "bulge"...Well I went to the doctor on Tuesday and he sent me for an ultrasound on Wednesday. The girl doing the ultrasound said that it was definately abnormal and that I should go home and await a call from the doctor. I still hadn't heard from the doctor by noon so I called and asked to speak with my doctor and they told me he wouldn't be in until Friday. I asked that they give the results to the other doctor in the office and have him call me and they said that they would. Well, I waited all day and no call. Meanwhile I was in PAIN bad. Finally at 8:00 p.m. I paged the doctor through his service and I finally got to speak with him. He said that I had a hernia and needed to have it fixed but was kinda mean and very short with me. He told me to come to his office this morning to get a referal to the surgeon. I was in bad pain all night and it was worse this morning so when I went in to get the referal I asked if I could have the doctor look at it. When I was going into the exam room the doctor saw me and said, "you don't look too bad", I was so pissed off at him. When he came in to examine me his whole demeanor changed...I had a fever and the whole area was inflammed and very warm to the touch. He apologized for not calling me back yesterday. He called the surgeon and told him that he thought the radiologist was wrong and that I had both a hernia and an abcess. To make a long story short, I am on heavy antibiotics and can't do anything about getting it all fixed until the fever and inflammation/infection is gone. My only worry is that the surgeon is just a general surgeon and I'm afraid that he'll get in there, see all my adhesions and not know what to do. I am hoping that he'll think it's too much for him and he'll send me down to UCLA. I'm really depressed about the whole situation not to mention scared and in BIG TIME pain. Please say a prayer for me that all goes well. Love to all, Lesa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: