Re: Endo support

Thu Sep 6 22:03:24 2001

Dear Helen D.,

Thank you for taking the time to research and post regarding the question I asked about hormone level testing/endo detection. I will assume from what I have read that laparoscopy is still the only real way to know if endo is a factor. I know that my post surgical adhesions ar back since surgery and even some new ones, but it is hard to know if endo is also contributing to more adhesions and pain.

I have read and researched other info and links you had previously sent re:endo and subsequently I added supplements and modified my diet according to the info...since then I am no longer experiencing spotting throughout the month in spite of birth control pills.

One article written by a woman who suffered with endo for many years even noticed that her symptoms improved when she not only avoided farm-raised foods containing estrogen(including dairy), but also plant-based estrogens that some have theorized help fight the "bad" estrogens. This same article stressed the impotance of the liver's function to catabolize(break down) toxic estrogens with healthy bile production, so suggested digestive bitters as part of an endo patient's care.

Green food supplement powder, essential fatty acids(primrose oil helps balance women's hormones), vitamin E, as well as the herb fraxinus americanum are all suggested as important for women who have endo(these are the ones I added). These are all good supplements for anyone to take.

Thank you Helen D. for all of your help!

Love,

Janet

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: