Seriously Folks

Mon Sep 10 23:10:54 2001

OK Group, I promise, no jokes today.

CINDY: Welcome to the best place on the net to find support for ARD. Helen D posted a message just a couple of days ago regarding good doctors. Check in the archives, as I don't recall just what day it was. I believe it was within the past week. Also check out her post on the ASAP site, as that site also has a link to good pain doctors.

COLETTE: I thought I was done with school when my daughter left home 5-1/2 years ago. Little did I know then that I would be starting all over again now *grin*. But seriously, I wouldn't trade my stepson for a million bucks. At least you doc agrees that your problem is adhesions, which is a big step in itself. Now if she would only give you something to deal with it until you can get to a decent surgeon. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

HELEN C: Glad to see you back. Hope you enjoyed yourself, but are you really sure you have time to feel bad???? I know the bad days outweigh the good, but it's good to hear you are keeping up your end of the fight ;)

KARLA: I am so sorry to hear that your doctor had no good news to give you. But I am very pleased that you will continue to fight. I will keep you in my prayers. Some day, somehow, you and I will climb Katahdin together {hugs}.

LAURIE: Here's hoping you will soon start feeling better. Sorry I don't have any advice to offer, but I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

PAUL: I think most of us here on the board can sympathize with your "anger issues". We have all been mistreated to one extent or another by our "medical professionals".

PHIL: As long as you keep taking something in, even if it's only soft foods and liquids, you're doing good. You might try some of the meal replacement products to make sure you are getting enough vitamins, etc. I'll be thinking of you.

LESA: Sounds like you luck is starting to change! And to know that you will be sent back to the surgeon you wanted is a bonus. Congrats and good luck.

TONI: Keeping you in my thoughts and sending gentle {hugs} to you. Hope things change soon for you.

JO: I'll be watching my inbox for the "Ode to the commode (?)" *grin*

And on my end, I finally heard back from the doc today on changing my meds. Last Tuesday I left a note requesting permission to change the Percocet (oxycodone) from 1 tab every 6 hours to 1 tab every 4 hours, as they were wearing off about 4 hours after I took them. I'm not sure why it took her so long to read a short note, but I finally got a call this morning to say go ahead. We'll see how that goes.

And the warm spell (two days of 85+ and high humidity) has broken. Today was sunny and warm but breezy, and tonight we are getting pouring rain. Maybe I will sleep without sticking to the sheets.

Have a great night everyone.

Nancy in NB

ICQ #9683431

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: