Karla- C-Sections

Tue Sep 11 00:06:38 2001

Karla, Yes, I understand what you are saying in a case like that, for whatever reason they needed a C-Section the first time. It only takes that one apparently needed C-Section to start the adhesion problems though. I know they did say once a C-Section always a C-Section, but I think they did change that now as you stated. If the first one was only due to a complication with that particular birth in general I never knew why they thought it should apply to consequent births if there are no problems with them.

My abdominal problems started after my first C-Section and the baby and I both almost died before they took her, so there were no options. I was in seconds apart hard labor with my water broke for 16 hours. I was pushing off & on most of this time and they were even laying on my belly trying to push her out!

My pelvic bones weren't large enough to allow her to come down into the birth canal and I also never dilated enough for delivery. It wasn't until after they x-rayed me (while in labor) that they saw I am not big enough to deliver "any" baby. They must have been quite ignorant because every doctor since that could see I am not big enough for a normal delivery just by an internal exam. I almost died with 107 fever when my abdomen burst open with infection a few days after delivery so this most likely pre-disposed me to adhesions in the future due to the inflammation and the deep scar tissue.

I needed a C-Section not only because of complications such as a breach position (which I also had but wasn't the determining factor). My pelvis is not large enough to deliver a baby, whether it is the first or 2nd child-birth is what I am saying. I wish I could have delivered normally. My bone disease of the hip does involve pelvic bones and the doctors who treated me while I was crippled were concerned that I might have problems with birth. My leg would also lock on me (couldn't straighten or bend it, froze in the position it was in and hurt really bad) and my original OB/GYN was also worried about that with delivery. Unfortunately I didn't have him for the delivery.

By the way, I am sorry to hear about your let-down and complications from your surgery. I sure hope they eventually can figure something out for you!!

Jean

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: