Re: Jo, follow the yellow brick road

Tue Sep 11 21:05:42 2001

Hi Rose,

Let me answer some of your questions....

>
>As you can see....I'm working backwards on the e-mails (or maybe
>circularly, straight lines aren't in my make-up ;o)). My cats have been
>getting bored, maybe you could send a wallaby (sp?). Isn't that one of
>those little pouchy critters (Missouri backwoods talk for animal)?

OK we have a number of marcupials....a wallaby is a smaller version of a kangaroo.....other pouched animals include some quite tiny....just a little bigger than a large rat. My favourite aussie animal is the platypus....with a duck bill & webbed feet...this furry creature lives in out rivers and streams

I have a Russian Blue cat called princess....she certainly has the airs & graces of royalty! LOL >
>My aunt (not pronuonced 'ant')

LOL aunt isn't pronounced "ant" here either *grin* would take a switch to me if I used fall >instead of autumn.....I'm sure God would give her a dispensation to come
>back to do it, too!
>
>Ok, educate this poor American.....what is vegemite? Being of German
>extraction and my husband being of German/Hungarian extraction....there
>ain't many parts of an animal we'ens don't eat....I won't gross you out
>with details, unless you REALLY want to know!!!!

OK vegemite is a spread which is full of vitamin B, and is made from yeast extract, it is black in colour and has a very distint, savoury taste. Most Aussies are introduced to it almost from when they first start eating solids as babies.

The aussie "sport" of offering a "taste" of vegie (as we often refer to it) is by scooping some out of a jar & asking the unsuspecting tourist to taste it. Let me tell you I wouldn't eat it that way! LOL I like it on hot buttery toast, thinly spread with vegimite. My kids take vegemite sandwiches to school for their lunch, as well, I use it to colour & flavour casseroles sometimes. >
>About the gray hair.....I can usually get away with calling them
>highlights (unless they get too close!). I just decided with all the
>extra medical bills that my hair color wasn't all that important. My
>husband never could understand why I colored my hair anyway, after,
>haven't I earned all of them? (sweet man)

LOL Shane likes my coppery locks.....he reckons it suites my "temperament" much better than blonde :-) LOL

Well, I have a "tiny" temper *cough* so he could be on to something there....lol

take care my friend,

Jo (Australia)

--
Positive Affirmation

Say this with your hands above your head (victory style) and repeat three times: I'm Alive I'm Alert I'm a LOT of fun!!

That should get you smiling!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: