Re: Your surgeon

Mon Sep 17 11:37:10 2001

Hi Everyone,

This terrible tragedy has shocked us all (to put it mildly). I'm grateful and thankful for all the strength, hope, love, and commitment to our country that everyone has shown. I am certain we will do more than just survive-we will be better and stronger than ever. A changed world-but hopefully a better and safer one for our children. Having all this happening in the world right now seems to make all of our physical suffering just seem not that important right now. I had been planning to post this message to all of you the day before the WTC disaster-but when that happened we all had more than enough to deal with at that time.

I can't wait any longer.

This is so very important to all of you! I only found the IAS site after my first 3 surgeries. I, like many of you, was soooooooooo happy (doesn't really describe the emotion most of us feel at finding the IAS site) to have finally found the reason for my pain, a name for what was wrong with me and so much helpful information and support. One of the main things that is encouraged here is self-knowledge of your medical condition. Learning bout ARD. And also to get a 'good doctor' who is familiar with adhesions etc.

A few weeks back there was some information posted on how to research your doctor by going to http://www.docinfo.org/ It gives a disciplinary history on doctors. I paid the 10$ and spent the 2 minutes and had them do a search on my 1st doctor. It printed out 3 pages! of disciplinary actions taken against my doctor for narcotics abuse dating all the way back from 1987 ! Needless to say I was very upset at reading that information. They kept taking her lisense away and then giving it back to her. I wondered " Doesn't the hospital who gave her operating privledges do any kind of background checks on who they let perform surgery in their hospital? Don't they care?" It was so very easy for ME to come up with that information! I KNOW that I would not have let her perform those 3 surgeries on me if I had known this about her before-hand. I am encouraging all of you to take the time and $ to do this check on your surgeon. My current adhesion problems I am sure stems from what this doctor did to me. I'm not sure who I am more upset with-the doctor for performing surgery when she obviously shouldn't have-or myself for taking everyone else's opinion that she was such a 'good doctor' and not checking up on her myself. Just thought I should share this info. It could be very important to some of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Many gentle hugs, God Bless All,

--
Gloria P

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: