Good news, bad news, thoughts, and prayers

Thu Sep 20 23:41:31 2001

BOB: Thank you for the good news about Pam. May you have a safe trip home.

CATHY: Welcome to the site. If you look back through the archives, you will see many posts mentioning "second look" surgeries done by Drs. R & R and Dr. Korrel to take down any new adhesions after lysis. Good luck.

CHRISSIE AND ROSE: And anyone else who has family in the Service: My thoughts and prayers will be with them all.

HEIKE: And I repeat - get another opinion. There are so many stories on the Quilt of needless hysterectomies. Do not let this doctor take out a healthy functioning organ. Pain management may work to some extent - I am on pain meds now that are reducing the pain most days, but they aren't perfect either. It is the best answer I can find for me right now. At least I can function enough to do my housework.

LINDA: Welcome to the site. If you follow the links from the main page, you will find many answers to your questions. The condensed version is yes, you could be feeling the pain of adhesions. Do your research, read the stories on the Quilt, add your own, and feel free to vent, question, express, and post. There will always be someone to reply to you.

SHAY: Hope your doctor's appointment today went well. Keep your chin up!

JO: So, you've added personal secretary to your resume? That's what I call supporting your friends! *LOL* Way to go Girl!

SALLY: I can sympathize with computer problems - the dinosaur is running slower every day, so I guess it's time to get the Power Tower reprogrammed and decide what upgrades I need to do to it and want to do to the dinosaur. Hope you're feeling well, and chat with you soon.

I went for a follow-up appointment on Monday, when I was supposed to get my first acupuncture treatment. My GP, who did not want to give me narcotic pain meds three months ago, has decided that if we can control the pain with oxycodone, she doesn't want to try acupuncture. Go figure. She then increased me from 1 tab every 4 hours to 1.5 tabs every 4 hours. I lost a good portion of Monday afternoon and evening, so I think that 1.5 tabs will be too much at one time. I go back for followup in 10 days. Wish me luck.

Hope everyone is having a decent day.

Nancy in NB

ICQ #9683431

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: