Possible side effect from the Intergel

Fri Sep 21 11:58:18 2001

Hi All, It has been so long since I have checked in and it is so good to see that you are all still here. I believe that I am adhesion free (although no one ever knows for sure). I do still have some nerve pain from the neuroma that Dr. Korell removed but it is about a quarter of what it was before this past trip. Nerves do heal over time and so I pray that it will improve someday. I must report, however that I do believe that the Intergel played a part in my having seriously decreased bowel activity. I felt a burning for a long time ( 4 weeks ) and a swelling through my entire abdominal cavity immediately after surgery which I was told was from the Intergel but the Lifecore company insists that it could not have caused damage to the bowel. I kept trying to believe the best and thought that it had to do with my withdrawals from the Methadone or my inactivity but now I know that something seriously is wrong. I was even hospitalized with impactions at 6 weeks post op and it took 4 days to relieve it! I have now switched to a totally organic diet and am taking many herbs to control this (which are helping) but I feel that I must warn all of you about this possiblity. I had the Intergel twice and both times I experienced the burning but I suffered no intestinal damage the first time. Has anyone else had this problem? I am in contact with Lifecore at present. I want so much for us to have the Intergel here in the states but I am also afraid that this could be a big problem. It is great to feel free of adhesions and to be out walking miles every daily but it has brought on a whole new set of problems. Will we ever win? With love to all, Joanne

--
Joanne

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: