Cheryl- epidural nerve block

Fri Sep 28 01:10:43 2001

Cheryl, I forgot to add: No, the Epidural shots for pain do not numb you from the waist down. It is Spinal Epidurals given for surgery that do that.

Mine did not hurt. They numb the area before they put the epidural shot in and allot of doctors also give you an amnesia drug via intravenous (forget the name). I had the amnesia drug. I remember sitting on the edge of the litter and bending over and the next thing I remember was waking in recovery. They say you are awake during the procedure but don't remember anything....I sure didn't!! I would swear I was completely out during the procedure.

Not all doctors do it this way, so you will have to ask him. I also know of people who were awake and didn't get the amnesia drug. I heard my new pain doctor doesn't give the amnesia drug but does numb the area and some have some pain afterward and others don't. JEAN

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Cheryl Cole Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 8:33 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: epidural nerve block

At Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Cheryl A. Cole wrote: >
>Has anyone tried an epidural nerve block? My pain Dr. brought this
>idea up last week. I told him I would think about it. Does it hurt
>when given? Is it a shot in the spine? Does it numb everything from
>the waist down? How long does it last? Is it worthwhile? I have tried

>the nuerontin and it didn't help me. We are now trying the 50
>duragesic patch and a pill called topamax. I am getting some minimal
>relief so far.(only been a few days) I hope this Thursday is the start

>of a pain-free week for all!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: